Kristine Briede (currently on parental leave)
- In 2015 graduated from Rīga Stradiņš University, faculty of Rehabilitation, physiotherapy program, bachelor's degree in healthcare, physiotherapist qualification
- Work experience: 2012-2016 – health center "Nika"
- Traineeship in Spain
- Regularly takes part in various conferences, seminars, professional courses, meetings in Latvia.
- Speaks Latvian, Russian, English and German
Provides physiotherapeutic consultations, develops rehabilitation plan, runs therapeutic exercises and functional workout, performs therapeutic massage, therapeutic taping, workout of movement in joints etc. Experienced in sports and domestic injury rehabilitation, treatment of back pain.
Specializes in paediatrics, traumatology, gynaecology, orthopaedics and neurology.
Certified physiotherapist, osteopathic specialist
- from 2018 - studies at the University of Latvia Postgraduate School of Osteopathy
- Graduated the Faculty of Rehabilitation at the Medical Academy of Latvia.
- Member of the Latvian Association of Physiotherapists.
- Member of the ICAK Baltikum.
- Latvian Association of Manual Medicine (foundations of manual therapy, visceromanual therapy, manual therapy, treatment of scoliosis, manual therapy for rehabilitation of pelvic and spinal functional disorders). (2004-2008)
- Latvian Association of Physical Medicine (Laser medicine)
- ICAK (International College of Applied Kinesiology)
- AK Introduction (2008)
- AK Manual Therapy, Part 1 (2008)
- AK Manual Therapy, Part 2 (2014)
- AK Meridian Therapy (2008)
- AK and Cranial Osteopathy, Part 1 (2009)
- AK and Cranial Osteopathy, Part 2 (2009)
- Sphenobasilar Synchondrosis: Assessment, Correction with Palpation and Applied Kinesiology (2013)
- LLC Centre of Medicine and Education VOKS
- Craniosacral Therapy (2013)
- Genetical Behavior or Character on the Face (2009)
- Psychokinesiology. Tools for Working (2012)
- Upledger Institute International
- Craniosacral Therapy 1 (2015)
- Craniosacral Therapy 2 (2015)
- Somato-Emotional Release 1 (2016)
- Somato-Emotional Release 2 (2016)
Gives consultations, carries out functional diagnostics using the osteopathy method. Offers osteopathy, manual therapy, sling therapy, remedial exercise, kinesiologic taping, laser therapy, uses the functional desk MANUTHERA 242 in practical work.
An osteopath evaluates the patient’s functional state, examines the patient's posture and gait, evaluates the symmetry of the body and movement stereotypes. An osteopath knows anatomy, biomechanics, and is well versed in physiology and neurology. When examining a patient, an osteopath uses static and dynamic tests for assessment, and various neurological and orthopaedic tests. During training and over the years of practice, an osteopath develops excellent palpation skills and the ability to feel the state of body tissues, movements of the body structures.
During the consultation, an osteopath assesses the state of the musculoskeletal system (state of bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, fasciae, periosteum, synovial bursae, muscle tendons). Assesses the mobility (sliding) and motility (movement in the organ) of the internal organs, functional mobility of the nervous system, lymphatic system, cardiovascular and respiratory systems. An osteopath tests the mobility of the craniosacral system, examines the elasticity of the cranial sutures and micromovements in them by palpation, can identify the level of limited micromobility, and establish the cause of this limitation. The patient’s psychoemotional state plays an important role in diagnosis and treatment. After the examination, the patient is given a functional diagnosis and the necessary corrections are carried out in compliance with the concept of treating the person as a whole.
Treats using osteopathy:
- Diseases related to movement disorders: postural disorders, non-specific back pain, joint pain, degenerative spine disease, spondylosis, spondyloarthrosis, radiculitis, myofascial pain, muscle imbalance, etc.
- Neurological disorders: headache, migraine (consultation of a neurologist is recommended), sleep disorders, neurovegetative dystonia, child behavioural disorders (hysterics, hyperactivity, attention disorders). Psycho-emotional overload, burnout syndrome, muscle tics, difficulty focusing, memory impairment, anxiety, restlessness.
- After dental and orthodontic procedures, changes in dental occlusion, surgeries, tooth extraction, pain and dysfunction of the temporomandibular (jaw) joint.
- After conservative and surgical treatment of injuries.
- Sports injuries and exertion.
- Otorhinolaryngology: degree 1 and 2 adenoids, chronic sinusitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis (without pus).
- Gynaecology: adhesions, painful menstruation, changes in the uterine position, hypertone or imbalance in the muscles of the pelvic diaphragm.
- Gastroenterological functional disorders.
Kristaps Skudrins Rakstelis
- 2013 – Graduated from Latvian Academy of Sport Education (LASE), physiotherapist specialty and bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy
- 2012 – Course Medical taping BASIC, obtained a certificate
- Work experience: 13.12.-20.12.2012 National rehabilitation center "Vaivari" (practice); 21.12.2012-18.01.2013 Riga East Clinical University Hospital (RECUH) (practice); 11.03.-06.05.2013 "The Latvian Olympic team" (practice); 01.09.2013-01.07.2016 UCI Continental Cycling team "Alpha Baltic/maratoni.lv" physiotherapist, sports director; 01.08.2016-01.06.2017 BK "Barons kvartāls" basketball team, physiotherapist; 2016. – UCI Professional Continental cycling team "Delko Marseille Provence KTM", physiotherapist
Provides physiotherapeutic consultations, develops rehabilitation plan, runs therapeutic exercises and functional workout, performs therapeutic massage, therapeutic taping, workout of movement in joints etc. Experienced in rehabilitation of sports and domestic injury, back pain treatment. Specializes in sports trauma rehabilitation, sports physiotherapy.
2018 - 2020 graduates from the Latvian Academy of Sport Education, obtaining a professional Master’s Degree in Health Care in the field of study specialization “Sports Physiotherapist”
In 2017, she obtained a certificate in the Latvian Coaches Continuing Education Centre for further training of category C sports specialists in fitness.
In 2016, she graduated from Riga Stradiņš University, Faculty of Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy Programme, and obtained bachelor's degree in health care and physiotherapist’s qualification.
Physiotherapist diploma was obtained in 2016.
Member of the Latvian Association of Physiotherapists.
Additional information about the obtained certificates:
- 2019 – certificate in sling therapy Redcord “Neurac2”.
- 2019 – certificate Manual Concepts – Spinal Manual Therapy (Lumbar spine).
- 2018 – certificate “Myofascial Technique using a Massage Roller” – BLACKROLL Trainer education.
- 2017 – certificate in sling therapy Redcord “Neurac1”.
- 2017 – certificate in TRX suspension system Suspension training course.
- 2017 – TOGU balance surface workshop – preventive training.
- 2014 – certificate in BASIC medical taping.
Regularly takes part in workshops organised by the Latvian Association of Physiotherapists, improves her knowledge at conferences and courses.
Provides physiotherapist consultations, develops rehabilitation and fitness plan, conducts remedial exercise and functional training, makes therapeutic massage, sling therapy, medical taping, movement work out in joints, works with pregnant women and new mothers during the postnatal period. Has good work experience in rehabilitation of sport and household injuries, backache treatment, neurology, treatment of headache and dizziness.
Specialises in traumatology-orthopaedics, backache treatment, sports physiotherapy and postnatal rehabilitation.
Treats patients above 3 years of age. Gives consultations in Latvian and English.
- 2007 – Graduated from Latvian Academy of Sport Education (LASE), bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy
- 2012 – Graduated from Exeter University (GB), master's degree in Sport and Health Sciences
- Completed additional courses in sling therapy and manual therapy techniques for physiotherapy, as well as fitness trainer specialization
- Regularly improves knowledge at seminars and courses in Latvia and abroad
- Work experience: from 2005 till 2010 and from 2012 till 2017 – physiotherapist at HC Baltezers
- Since 2012 – lecturer of Sports medicine department at Latvian Academy of Sport Education (LASE). Teaches local and foreign students.
Provides physiotherapeutic consultations for children starting three years of age, adults and seniors on both chronic and acute disorders, affecting functional status of musculo-sceletal system. Specializes in back pain and headache rehabilitation. Recommends on the most effective ways of health prevention.
- Graduated Latvian Academy of Sport Education (LASE) in 2013 and obtained the speciality of a physiotherapist and a bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy
- 2015 to 2019, Riga Health Centre - physiotherapist,
- 2013 to 2015, Social Integration State Agency (SISA) - physiotherapist.
Additional information on the achieved certificates:
- 2014. - Fitness for babies. Physical and mental development of children. Daily activities during the first three years of life
- 2015. - Alberta Infant Motor Scale (AIMS) assessment of motor development in 1-18-month-old infants
- 2016. – Facilitation techniques for the stimulation of motor development in children up to 1 year of age
- 2017. – sling therapy Redcord “Neurac 1”
- 2018.- Physical activities in pregnant women and during postnatal period
- 2019. – ISST international Schroth 3dimensional Scoliosis therapy
- 2019.– Early detection of functional disorders for the prevention or mitigation of potential disability in newborns and children diagnosed with functional limitations with high risk of disability
Provides physiotherapist’s consultations, performs functional evaluation, develops rehabilitation plan or conducts therapeutic exercise sessions, provides therapeutic massage services, development of joint movements.
Conducts movement therapy in infants in accordance with Bobath method, consults on handling, as well as applies Schroth therapy method for the treatment of scoliosis.
Particularly specialises in the facilitation of infant motor development in accordance with Bobath method and assessment of infant motor development in accordance with Alberta Infant Motor Scale. Work experience in the treatment of back pain and headaches, as well as patient care during pregnancy and during postnatal period.
Elina Bruklene (currently on parental leave)
- 2019 – professional master’s degree in healthcare (Latvian Academy of Sport Education);
- 2018 – physiotherapist’s certificate;
- 2017 – professional bachelor’s degree in healthcare and physiotherapist’s qualification with specialisation in sports (Latvian Academy of Sport Education);
- 2015 – category C sports specialists’ advanced training in the athletic discipline – fitness, Latvian Coaches Further Education Center.
Additional information about the certificates obtained:
- 2020 – started learning Bowen therapy, Bowen Academy Europe;
- 2019 – women’s pelvic therapy in the postpartum period The Mummy MOT®, London, UK;
- 2019 – certificate in sling therapy Redcord Neurac-1;
- 2019 – low pressure exercise technique Hypopressives, London, UK;
- 2018 – certificate in medical taping Medical Taping Concept for Physiotherapists, advanced course.
- 2017 – certificate in taping in gynaecology K-Taping Academy;
- 2015 – certificate in medical taping Medical Taping Concept for Physiotherapists, basic course.
Specialises in improving the pelvic health in women, both for preventive purposes and in case of dysfunction (urinary incontinence, painful menstruation, haemorrhoids, prolapse of the pelvic organs, postoperative period, sexual dysfunction, etc.), advises women during pregnancy, after childbirth and during menopause.
Consults men on pelvic health issues (before or after proctological surgeries, incontinence).
Provides physiotherapeutic consultations, make a physical assessment of the body, drafts plans for rehabilitation and individual exercises, carries out sling therapy, medical taping.
She also specialises in traumatology and orthopaedics, treatment of back pain, neurology, sports physiotherapy.
She participates in various conferences and seminars on a regular basis, attends courses abroad aimed at improving women's pelvic health, thus gaining international experience; she also works in the field of scientific research. She conducted a practical study on the state of the pelvic floor muscles in women in the postpartum period in the field of gynaecology, in collaboration with physicians, and developed a programme to improve the strength of these muscles and reduce the dysfunction symptoms. The findings of the study proved that regular pelvic floor exercises significantly improve muscle strength and women’s well-being.
- In 2013 participated in clinical practice in Universidad de Valencia, Spain
- In 2014 graduated from Rīga Stradiņš University Rehabilitation Department in Physiotherapy programme with a bachelor's degree in healthcare and a qualification of physiotherapist
- In 2018 graduated from Rīga Stradiņš University with a master’s academic degree of health sciences in healthcare – physiotherapy.
- Regularly participates in various courses, workshops, conferences and congresses in Latvia and abroad.
- Communicates in Latvian, Russian and English.
2014 – 2017 physiotherapist in the National Rehabilitation Centre Vaivari and assistant lecturer in Latvian Academy of Sport Education,
2018 physiotherapist in the Health Centre Imanta and the Association for Latvian Children with Physical Disabilities.
Additional information on received certificates:
2012 – Medical Taping concept for physiotherapists;
2014 – Motor development stimulation facilitation techniques for children aged up to one year;
2015 – On child's development in the first year of life;
2015 – International Schroth 3 dimensional scoliosis therapy;
2017 – International Proprioreceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Level 3;
2018 – On child's development in the second and the third year of life.
Provides physiotherapist’s consultations, functional supervision and develops rehabilitation plans.
Specialist provides therapeutic exercises for pregnant women, movement therapy for infants using Bobath method, handling training for parents, therapeutic massage and kinesiologic taping, including for children and pregnant women, as well as uses Schroth method in treatment of scoliotic bearing and scoliosis.
Has good experience of working with infants and children for injury rehabilitation, treatment of acquired and congenital neurologic, orthopaedic diseases, movement therapy for children and adults with spine deformations or post-surgery spine rehabilitation, using Schroth method, as well as promoting motoric development and symmetric movements/poses of infants using Bobath method.
- 2009 – 2013 Latvian Academy of Sport Education, professional bachelor's degree in sports science and qualification of physiotherapist, specialist in education and sports work
- 2018 – physiotherapist’s certificate
- Member of the Latvian Association of Physiotherapists.
- 2019 – physiotherapist in Latvian basketball select team U18 (the Latvian Basketball Association)
- 2017/2018, 2018/2019, 2019/2020 – physiotherapist in the basketball club Ventspils
- 2016– 2017 – physiotherapist in SIA Raivja Aršauska veselības centrs
- 2015 – physiotherapist in preschool educational institution PII Kastanītis
- 2014– 2015 – physiotherapist in SIA Sanare-KRC Jaunķemeri
- 2013/2014, 2014/2015, 2015/2016 – physiotherapist in the Basketball club Jūrmala/Fēnikss
- 2020 – Maitland Manual therapy (level 1)
- 2016 - certificate in sling therapy Redcord Neurac1
- 2014 – Participation in Erasmus intensive PFA courses (Erasmus Intensive Programme, Institute of Technology, Tralee)
- 2012 – Certificate in BASIC medical taping
Participates in seminars organised by the Latvian Physiotherapists’ Association, obtains additional knowledge at conferences and courses.
Specialises in treatment of back pain, soft tissue mobilisation methods, massage using the method of manual therapy.
The physiotherapist can be consulted in case of off-the-job, sports injuries, back pain, shoulder tension, headache, dizziness.
The physiotherapist makes an individual exercise plan, conducts remedial exercise, does massage, medical taping, joint movement work out using manual therapy methods.
Gives consultations to patients over the age of 7 years. Gives consultations in Latvian and English.
- 2020 Riga Stradiņš University, Faculty of Rehabilitation, bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy
- 2019 – Erasmus exchange programme physiotherapy practical training in Spain, Valencia
- 2010 – University of Latvia, Faculty of History and Philosophy, bachelor’s degree in philosophy
Member of the Latvian Association of Aesthetic Gynaecology, Latvian Physiotherapists’ Pelvic Health Association and Latvian Physiotherapists’ Association.
2019 – Riga East Clinical University Hospital Gaiļezers, Department of Urology, assistance during urodynamic investigations
- 2020. - “Herman & Wallace” (USA) - Sexual Medicine in Pelvic Rehab
- 2020 – Herman & Wallace (USA) – Pelvic floor level 1
- 2017 – Medical taping concept for physiotherapists
Participates in seminars organised by the Latvian Physiotherapists’s Association, the Latvian Physiotherapists’ Pelvic Health Association and the Latvian Association of Aesthetic Gynaecology, gets additional knowledge at conferences and courses on a regular basis.
Specialises in pelvic rehabilitation (diagnosis of the pelvic floor muscles (PFM), treatment of health issues associated with PFM dysfunction).
We recommend to consult the specialist to patients with interstitial cystitis, urinary incontinence, prolapse of internal organs, endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, diastasis, pain in the lower back, sexual dysfunction associated with PFM dysfunction, and patients requiring postpartum rehabilitation.
The physical therapist makes an individual exercise plan, conducts remedial exercise and does medical taping.
Gives consultations to patients aged 12 years and upward. Gives consultations in Latvian and English