Certified Surgeon, Vascular Surgeon, Phlebologist and Ultrasound Specialist.
- President of the Latvian Vascular Surgery Society.
- President of the Latvian Wound Treatment Society (Association).
- Representative of Latvia in the International Diabetic Foot Workgroup.
- Member of the Latvian Society of Phlebology.
- Specializes in diagnostics and treatment of all kinds of leg blood vessel (vein and artery) diseases, non-healing wound and diabetic foot disorders.
- Since 1997 particularly specializes in leg venous duplex ultrasound examinations and treatment.
- In 2002 he was the first to launch the leg vein laser surgeries (EVLT) in the Baltic States.
- In 2007 he launched leg vein radiofrequency operations (RFO).
- He performs more than 500 endoluminal vein operations per year.
- He uses complex therapeutic methods for the treatment of venous insufficiency in accordance with the international standards and guidelines for venous disease treatment.
Provides consultations, diagnostics and treatment, duplex ultrasound examinations. For Health Center 4 patients he offers: endoluminal vein laser surgery (EVLT); endoluminal radio-obliteration (RFO); classic vein surgery using Miller - Varady mini-invasive technique; ultrasound controlled vein sclerotherapy and foam sclerotherapy; transcutaneous vein laser coagulation, diathermocoagulation; compression therapy for venous (trophic) ulcer treatment; wound treatment with the latest technology materials for dressings; artery reconstructive surgery.
Irina Karpova (ex. Kajuna)
Certified internist, rheumatologist, dermatologist, general practitioner with specialisation in phlebology Certified specialist in ultrasound dopplerography.
Certified internist, rheumatologist, dermatologist, general practitioner with specialisation in phlebology Certified specialist in ultrasound dopplerography
- Work experience since 2000
- From 2013 to 2016 studies at the Faculty of Continuing Education of Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU), rheumatologist’s qualification
- Studied musculoskeletal ultrasound at the courses organised by EULAR (European League of Rheumatology) in 2013, 2015 and 2016 (in Paris, Barcelona, Madrid)
- Attends EULAR courses in rheumatology (Prague) on a regular basis
- Specialises in phlebology and has performed ultrasound blood vessel dopplerography since 2011
- Perfoms foam sclerotherapy, diathermocoagulation, IPL, NdYag procedures
- Doctoral student at RSU
- Since 2013 – invited lecturer at RSU
- Member of the Latvian Society of Internists
- Member of the Latvian Society of Phlebologists
- Member of the Latvian Association of Adult Rheumatology
- Member of the Latvian Association of General Practitioners
Provides consultations, diagnostics and treatment, limb Duplex Ultrasound examinations