Certified ophthalmologist, surgeon. Practicing physician since 1977
- 1976 – graduated from Riga Medical Institute (RMI)
- 1977 – internship in ophthalmology at RMI
- Improved knowledge at specialized ophthalmology clinics in Russia and USA
- Regularly takes part at ophthalmology symposia, conferences and training in Latvia and abroad (in 2015 participated at the Congress of American Academy of Ophthalmology in the USA, 2014 – at the Conference Ophthalmology Pro&contra in Portugal, 2009 – at the International Ophthalmology Congress in the Netherlands, 2008 – Hong Kong, 2007 – Spain)
- Work experience: Talsi district Central Hospital, RMI Vision protection laboratory, 1983 – 2010 – Clinical Hospital "Gailezers" (since 1996 head of Vision department), 2010 – 2016 - senior ophthalmologist of "Bikernieki" hospital
Consults, performs diagnostics and treatment of various eye disease, injury and vision problems.
Solveiga Zālīte (ex. Čivljaka)
- Since 2013 - residency in ophthalmology, University of Latvia;
- 2013 - graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of Riga Stradins University.
- Since 2018 - junior doctor in eye trauma centre, Riga East Clinical University Hospital;
- 2020 2021 - ophthalmologist on duty – consultant in eye trauma centre, Children’s Clinical University Hospital;
- Regular participation in the meetings of the Association of Ophthalmologists of Latvia, in the meetings of the Baltic Association of Eye Surgeons, EPOS, ESCRS, Euretina congresses and practical trainings;
- In 2019 participation in the conference of the European Paediatric Ophthalmological Society (EPOS) with a research on screening opportunities of congenital cataract in children in Latvia. In 2021 preparation of a scientific work on metamorphopsia and macular oedema treatment.
The specialist provides the following services:
- Consults patients with various chronic and acute diseases – cataract, glaucoma, diseases of the cornea, inflammations, retinal oedema, haemorrhages, injuries.
- Dynamic monitoring of the patients with diabetes mellitus and other endocrinological diseases.
- Consults children with eye diseases over the age of 0 years. Carries out preventive eye examinations in children.
- Prescribes glasses or contact lenses. Issues certificates for educational institutions.
Communicates in Latvian, Russian and English.