Gastroenterologist, gastrointestinal endoscopy specialist, internist with almost 10-year professional experience in gastroenterology and gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- 2018–2020 University of Latvia, Professional Master's Programme "International Business", Master's Degree in Business Management
- 2012–2016 University of Latvia, Doctoral Studies in Medicine and Pharmacology, PhD in Medicine (Dr. med.). Dissertation "Endoscopic diagnosis of gastric precancerous conditions: atrophy and intestinal metaplasia".
- Certificate of Merit from the Rector of the University of Latvia for excellent dissertation and UL Award for contribution to science 2016.
- 2006–2009 Riga Stradiņ’s University, Faculty of Postgraduate Studies in gastroenterology
- 1993–1999 Latvian Medical Academy, Faculty of Medicine
- Since 2013 Digestive Disease Centre GASTRO, specialist in gastrointestinal endoscopy, gastroenterologist
- 2015–2020 University of Latvia, teacher
- 2012–2013 Riga East Clinical University Hospital, Gaiļezers hospital, gastroenterologist, specialist in gastrointestinal endoscopy
Foreign experience in gastroenterology
- Salzburg University Hospital, Austria
- Royal Preston Hospital, Darlington Memorial Hospital, United Kingdom
Membership in professional associations
- Member of the Latvian Association of Gastroenterologists
- Member of the Latvian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member of the Latvian Association of Internists
- Member of the Latvian Medical Association
- Member of the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE)
- Regular speaker at association society meetings, author of several scientific publications
Most significant certificate of professional development
- Regularly updates her knowledge at leading gastroenterology congresses in Europe and around the world: United European Gastroenterology Week (UEGW), Digestive Disease Week (DDW), Congress of European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation (ECCO), etc.
- 2021 Emergency treatment and cardiopulmonary resuscitation, Latvian Medical Association
- 2020 Medical expert training in effective colonoscopy techniques, Hamburg, Germany
- 2017 Masterclass in colonoscopy – focus in IBD, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2016 Medical Expert Training in Basic Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection, Hamburg, Germany
The physician advises on various complaints related to digestive system: abdominal pain, abdominal discomfort, burning sensation, bowel movement disorders (constipation, diarrhoea), bloating (flatulence), swallowing disorders, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, anaemia, recommendations for a healthy lifestyle and diet, etc.
Clinical interests: diagnosis and follow-up of precancerous gastric conditions (atrophy, intestinal metaplasia and dysplasia).
Provides consultations in Latvian, Russian, English and German.