Certified Cardiologist, Echocardiography specialist. Practicing physician with experience since 1996.
- From 2009 till 2013 - PhD program at the University of Latvia, the Faculty of Medicine Pharmacy
- From 2006 till 2009 - practical training in therapeutic percutaneous coronary angioplasty method in Latvian Centre of Cardiology
- From 2004 till 2006 - training of heart and great blood vessel catheterisation and angiography in Latvian Centre of Cardiology
- From 2000 till 2001 - training in Echocardiography method in Echocardiography laboratory in Clinical University Hospital of Basel in Switzerland
- From 1996 till 2000 - residency in Internal Medicine and Cardiology
- From 1990 till 1996 - Medical Doctor studies in Latvian Academy of Medicine
- Fellowship in many foreign clinics: Herzzentrum Leipzig (Leipzig, Germany), Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin (Berlin, Germany), Universitätsklinikum, Kantonspital Basel (Basel University Hospital, Switzerland).
- Work experience: From 1996 till 2001 - Internist and Cardiologist in Riga East Clinical University Hospital "Gailezers"; Since 2001 - Cardiologist in Pauls Stradins Clinical University Hospital, Latvian Centre of Cardiology
The Doctor has more than 10 years of experience in Echocardiography - Ultrasound diagnostics of heart diseases. He specializes in diagnostics and invasive (non-surgical) treatment of congenital heart diseases, valvular heart diseases, diagnostics and treatment of cardiomyopathies, diagnostics and treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Provides consultations, echocardiography examinations, coronary angioplasty and stenting, invasive treatment of congenital heart diseases, transcatheter heart valve implantation.
Never, never, never give up! (Winston Churchill)
Certified Cardiologist, Echocardiography specialist. Practicing physician with experience since 2001.
• In 1999 she graduated from The 1st Medical School of Riga (Midwife specialty)
• In 2005 she graduated from Riga Stradins University, Faculty of Medicine
• In 2009 she graduated from Riga Stradins University, Faculty of Continuing Education, Residency Section in Internal Medicine, becoming a certified Internist
• In 2011 she graduated from the University of Latvian, Faculty of Continuing Education, Residency Section in Cardiology specialty, becoming a certified Cardiologist
• In 2011 she became a certified Echocardiography specialist
• She takes part in various local and international courses and seminars on a regular basis
• She has participated in numerous international conferences in Uppsala (2009); Istanbul (2010); Baltic II Heart Failure Congress in Riga (2010); European Society of Cardiology Congress in Paris (August 2011); XXIII Nordic-Baltic Congress of Cardiology in Riga (June 2011)
• She has been the Member of Latvian Society of Cardiology since 2009; a Member of the European Society of Cardiology since 2010
• Work experience: Nurse at P. Stradins Clinical University Hospital department of Vascular Surgery; Medical Officer for the Latvian Youth and Junior Hockey League; Doctor-Resident in Internal Medicine specialty at Riga East Clinical University Hospital "Gailezers"; Doctor at Admission Department in Ltd. "Kuldigas Hospital"; Doctor-Resident in Cardiology specialty at P. Stradins Clinical University Hospital; Cardiologist at Admission department in P. Stradins Clinical University Hospital; Cardiologist and Echocardiography Specialist at Riga East Clinical University Hospital ''Gailezers'', Department of Diagnostic Cardiology; Cardiologist and Echocardiography Specialist at Ltd. "Vizuala diagnostika"; Cardiologist and Echocardiography Specialist at Primary Health Care Center Ltd. "Ziepniekkalns"; since 2013 - Cardiologist and Echocardiography Specialist at Ltd. "Health Center 4".
Doctor provides consultations, performs diagnostics and treatment in general cardiology (in cases of heart diseases, high blood pressure, heart failure) and arithmology (in cases of heart rhythm disorders); performs Echocardiographic examinations.
Kristīne Spalva - Gubina
Cardiologist, Echocardiography Specialist
2015 – 2019 Professional residency study programme in cardiology at the Riga Stradins University
2019 – certificate in the echocardiography method
2016 – 2019 Intern – duty cardiologist at the Clinic of Cardiovascular Diseases of the Riga East Clinical University Hospital
2015 – 2019 Medical resident and intern at the Latvian Cardiology Centre of the Pauls Stradins Clinical University Hospital
2009 - 2015 Degree of a medical doctor at the University of Latvia
Participation in professional associations
2018 – Latvian Society of Hypertension and Atherosclerosis
2016 – European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Thrombosis
2016 – European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy
Provides cardiology consultations and performs echocardiography examinations.
Consults patients aged 18 years and above.
Consults patients in Latvian, English, German, Russian.