Capital Clinic Riga will allow you to see more18.07.2019
The Ophthalmology Room in Capital Clinic Riga has been outfitted with two new technologies – LACRYDIAG for diagnostics of dry eye syndrome and AVISO for ultrasound.
The Ophthalmology Room in Capital Clinic Riga has been outfitted with currently the most recent and accurate full range technologies for eye health and vision diagnostics. To discover different eye diseases even more accurately and timely, the range of diagnostic equipment has been expanded with two significant technologies – LACRYDIAG for diagnostics of dry eye syndrome and AVISO for ultrasound.
DIAGNOSTICS OF DRY EYE SYNDROME
Dry eye syndrome is the most common reason of eye discomfort, redness and irritation. LACRYDIAG device allows to accurately examine the layers of the lacrimal film that is affected by dry eye syndrome.
This test is comfortable and fast – it takes around 4 minutes. The diagnostic device for dry eye syndrome provides 4 types of contactless tests:
- diagnostics of the lipid layer of the lacrimal film or interferometry;
- diagnostics of the mucin or inner layer of the lacrimal film that allow to assess the stability of the lacrimal film (N.I.B.U.T. – non-invasive break up time);
- diagnostics of the aqueous layer of the lacrimal film or the lacrimal meniscus;
- diagnostics of the meibomian glands or meibography.
LACRYDIAG test is recommended in the case of following symptoms:
- frequent eye inflammation;
- sense of gnawing or having a foreign body or sand in the eye;
- eye dryness or tearing;
- eye discomfort;
- eye pain or fatigue (hard to read, watch TV or drive);
- transient blurred or double vision.
Eye ultrasound or echography is a diagnostic method that immediately provides a two-dimensional image of the eye tissue and information on the condition of the intraorbital tissue. The test is painless and safe for health. There is a wide range of applications for echocardiography, especially in the cases when any of the optical media of the eye has lost its clearness (e.g., cloudy eye lens, a cornea pathology, vitreous haemorrhage), when it is no longer possible to visualise the deep structures of the eye with other diagnostic methods. The most common applications: retinal detachment, localisation of intraocular formations or tumours, measuring the thickness of extraocular muscles, diagnostics of vitreous opacification.
The new digital echocardiography device AVISO provides 30 % higher resolution and, therefore, a high-quality image of the eye structure.