Certified General Practitioner
- 2013 – graduated from Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) faculty of Medicine, Medical Doctor's (MD) degree
- 2016 – University of Latvia, faculty of Medicine, residency program, qualification – General Practitioner
- Mastered additional course "Emergency situations in outpatient setting", as well as improved knowledge in electrocardiography and nephrology for outpatient specialists
- Regularly improves knowledge at seminars and courses in Latvia and abroad
- Work experience: Emergency Medical Centre, Vanaga Dentistry Clinic; 2013–2016 Family Medicine residency at Pauls Stradins Clinical University Hospital (CUH), since 2016 – RSU out-patient clinic, General Practitioner
- Lecturer at Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) faculty of Medicine, department of Family Medicine, teaches medical students of Foreign Students Department
Consults as a General Practitioner, practices diagnostics and treatment of children and adults with acute and chronic diseases, advices on healthy lifestyle and food, on best ways of health prevention.
Certified General Practitioner
- 1996 - graduated from Latvian Academy of Medicine
- 2004 - HOPE (European Hospital and Healthcare Federation) and Riga Stradins Univeristy "School of Public Health" course "Management training for senior hospital managers'' certificate
- 2005 - Riga Stradins University (RSU) Faculty of Public Health Master's study program "Public Health Science" (certificate for theoretical course attendance)
- 2011 - Riga Stradins University (RSU) graduated Continuing Education Faculty program "Family Medicine" with scientific work "Harmful effects of the Environment on the human reproductive system"
- 2013 - Riga Stradins University (RSU), Department of Radiology postgraduate training program ''Abdominal cavity organ and superficial tissue examination with ultrasound" (certificate)
- Work experience: From 2002 till 2008 - Latvian Ministry of Health, Head of Strategic Planning Department of Health Policy Division; From 2011 till 2013 - General Practitioner in medical society Ltd ''Pulss 5"; Since 2013 - General Practitioner in Ltd "J. Gulbes Family Medicine Practice"
Provides a General Practitioner's consultations, abdominal cavity organ and thyroid ultrasound examinations, recommendations on healthy lifestyle and nutrition for patients with chronic cardiovascular disease, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, liver fatty degeneration, etc.
The doctor emphasizes: Health provides freedom, but hardly anyone understands it before it is lost.
- 2012 – graduated from Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) faculty of Medicine, Medical Doctor's (MD) degree
- Since 2012 – Internal Medicine Residency program (Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU), Riga East Clinical University Hospital (RECUH))
- Since 2015 – Rīga Stradiņš University, doctoral studies in medicine. Doctoral research: Relation of clinical activity of inflammatory bowel diseases to presence of multi-resistant bacteria in gastrointestinal tract
- Work experience: 2010 – 2013 – Medical marketing, medical tourism and foreign clients, corporate clients and company health promotion specialist at "Premium Medical" Clinic; since 2014 – physician at Clinic of Emergency Medicine and Patient Admission of Riga East Clinical University Hospital (RECUH); since 2015 – lecturer of Internal diseases department and researcher in the field of gastroenterology at Rīga Stradiņš University. Teaches students of Faculty of Medicine and International study department students of Faculty of Medicine
- Author of several medical books, medical articles, guidelines and scientific publications, leading researcher
- Guest lecturer at several national and international congresses on gastroenterology topics
- Plays an active role in health training, including gastroenterology training, professional development and co-operation promotion in Latvia
- Several times a year regularly improves knowledge at leading European and World gastroenterology courses and congresses, speaking on the scientific research results as well, when in 2016 attended: Intensive Advanced IBD course, ECCO, the Netherlands, Amsterdam; United European Gastroenterology Summer School, Prague, the Czech Republic; Clinical Research Seminar, Paris, France; United European Gastroenterology week, Vienna, Austria; World Gastroenterology Congress, WGO, Abu Dabi, AAE; Akershus University Hospital, Oslo University, Oslo, Norway – clinical practice at the leading Gastroenterology and inflammatory bowel diseases clinic in Norway
- Member of local and international professional medical organizations: European Crohn’s and Colitis Organization; United European Gastroenterology; Latvian Association of Gastroenterologists; Latvian Association of Internists
- Did an internship in the USA, Norway, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Slovakia.
Consults on internal diseases diagnostics, treatment and prevention – including cardiovascular, respiratory tract, kidney and endocrine organs diseases – thyroid diseases, diabetes. Specializes in diagnostics, treatment and prevention of gullet, stomach, pancreatic, biliary, small intestine, colon and rectum diseases. Shall make recommendations on healthy lifestyle, diets and weight reduction. Consults patients with swallowing difficulties, lasting burning, nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, flatulence and abnormal stools. Specializes in obstructive sleep apnea diagnostics. Consults adults and children from the age of 16, in English as well.
Certified general practitioner
- In 2013 graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of Rīga Stradiņš University in the programme ‘Medicine’ and obtained the physician’s degree
- In 2017 graduated from the Faculty of Continuing Education of Rīga Stradiņš University in the programme ‘Family Medicine’ and obtained the general practitioner’s qualification
- During her studies she studied in depth the metabolic syndrome and its impact on patients' quality of life and skin issues
- She improves knowledge in various courses, seminars and conferences on a regular basis, paying special attention to modern possibilities of disease prevention
- Professional experience: From 2013 to 2017 a medical trainee in the Emergency Medical Aid Service From 2014 to 2017 a resident in family medicine at the Faculty of Continuing Education of the University of Latvia
Gives general practitioner’s advice, diagnoses and treats children and adults in case of acute and chronic diseases, gives advice on healthy lifestyle and nutrition, recommends the best ways to prevent diseases. Carries out programmes of preventive check-ups.
The physician stresses out: Socrates said that one cannot treat the body without thinking about the soul, therefore healthy can only be achieved when working in several directions at the same time, taking care of both mental and physical health.
Liene Martinsone-Bērzkalne (currently on parental leave)
- In 2005, graduated program ‘Medicine’ at the Faculty of Medicine of the Riga Stradins University obtaining a physician’s degree.
- In 2014, graduated program ‘Residency in Internal Medicine’ at the Faculty of Continuing Education of the Riga Stradins University obtaining an internist’s qualification.
- Regularly increases her knowledge by taking on various courses, seminars and conferences.
- Job experience: from 2015, a physician-internist at the LLC Health Center 4, developed and supervised check-up programs. From 2012 to 2014, a physician-trainee; from 2014, a physician-internist at the Department of Emergency Medical Services of LLC Liepaja Regional Hospital. From 2011 to 2014, an internal medicine resident at LLC Riga East Clinical University Hospital.
- Educator at the Institute of Anatomy and Anthropology of Riga Stradins University.
Provides consultations of a physician-internist, diagnostic and treatment services for adults with acute and chronic diseases in cooperation with professionals from other fields. Gives consultations on healthy lifestyle and nutrition; speciality in treatment of digestive system diseases.
The physician stresses: Health is the most valuable thing we have. Let’s nurture and treat it well!
Certified General Practitioner. Offers both national guaranteed and pay medical services.
- 2013 – Graduated from University of Latvia, Faculty of Medicine
- 2016 – Graduated from University of Latvia, residency in family medicine
- Further training: obstetrics and neonatology; electrocardiography; diagnostic and treatment methods of skin diseases
- Work experience: RECUH "Gaiļezers" Children's Clinical University Hospital; VC4 clinics; GP practice at Baloži medical center of LGA Ķekava out-patient clinic.
The following fields – maternal and child health, family health, pediatric surgery, allergology and immunity, cardiovascular health, bone and connective tissue health, traumatology-orthopedics, as well as rehabilitation and rejuvenation, nutrition, diet and fitness – are of genuine interest.
Physician of holistic and integrative medicine, 25 years of study and practice experience of Ayurvedic medicine and related holistic medicine fields – yoga, vegetarianism, acupuncture etc.
Consults and treats families with newborn and children, pregnant woman.
! Offers both national guaranteed and pay medical services.