Lasers in Gynecology
The Benefits of Fotona Lasers in Gynecology Include:
- Minimally invasive treatments
- Controled coagulation
- Greater patient comfort, less downtime and quicker healing
- A haemostatic effect with simultaneous disinfection
- Many treatments do not require anesthesia
- High-precision, tissue-selective treatments
- Easy access to difficult-to-reach areas
What is IncontiLase™?
IncontiLase™ is a patent-pending, non-invasive Er:YAG laser therapy for the treatment of mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence, based on non-ablative photothermal stimulation of collagen neogenesis, shrinking and tightening of vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia, and subsequently greater support to the bladder.
The indications for IncontiLase therapy are mild and moderate stress- and mixed-urinary incontinence (SUI). Preliminary clinical studies show that it is an efficient, easy-to-perform and safe procedure.
How does IncontiLase™ work?
- Fotona’s 2940 nm Er:YAG non-ablative laser with proprietary “Smooth-mode” technology thermally affects the vaginal tissue, stimulating collagen remodeling and the synthesis of new collagen fibers in the region of the vestibule and urethral orifice, as well as in the area along the anterior vaginal wall.
- The final result of collagen neogenesis is the shrinking and tightening of vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia and subsequently greater support to the bladder and the return of normal continence function.
Unique advantages of IntcontiLase™ for your patients
A major advantage of IncontiLase is that the procedure is incisionless and virtually painless, with no ablation, cutting, bleeding, or sutures. Recovery is extremely quick without need for the use of analgesics or antibiotics.
Usually two sessions are recommended to alleviate mild or even moderate stress urinary incontinence. No special pre-op preparation or post-op precautions are necessary. Patients can immediately return to their normal everyday activities.
Studies confirm that IncontiLase is an effective, safe and comfortable treatment option for symptom relief in patients with mild and moderate SUI.
Exceptional clinical results
Scientific results from clinical studies (see the Library tab) show excellent improvement for mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence.
- Almost 70% of patients are dry after 120 days.
- 120 days after IncontiLase treatment 94% of patients reported improvement and 68% of all patients claimed to be free of SUI symptoms.
- Improvement of SUI in all measured parameters.
- No adverse events noted in any of the studies.
What is IntimaLase™?
IntimaLase™ is a unique, patent-pending Er:YAG laser therapy for incisionless, non-invasive photothermal tightening of the vaginal canal. Clinical studies have shown that IntimaLase is an efficient, easy-to-perform, and safe procedure.
The indication for IntimaLase is vaginal relaxation syndrome, which is the loss of the optimum structural form of the vagina. This condition is generally associated with overstretching of the vaginal canal during childbirth as well as with natural aging.
How does IntimaLase™ work?
- Fotona’s 2940 nm Er:YAG non-ablative laser with proprietary “Smooth-mode” technology thermally affects the vaginal tissue, stimulating collagen remodeling and the synthesis of new collagen fibers in the vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia.
- The final result of collagen neogenesis and remodeling is tightening of the vaginal canal.
Unique advantages of IntimaLase™ for your patients
As a non-ablative, minimally invasive procedure with Er:YAG, IntimaLase™ also represents a safer, faster and more patient-friendly solution that avoids the undesirable complications present with other vaginal tightening methods.
Clinical results show a tightened vaginal canal, greater sexual satisfaction and significant improvement in a patient’s quality of life.
Usually two sessions are recommended. No special pre-op preparation or post-op precautions are necessary. Patients can immediately return to their normal everyday activities.
Exceptional clinical results
The latest scientific results (see the Library tab) clearly show great improvements in vaginal tightness and sexual gratification.
- 95% assessed the change of their vaginal tightness as strongly or moderately improved after IntimaLase treatment.
- Average shrinkage of vaginal canal after IntimaLase treatment was 17%.
- High level of patient satisfaction (97%).
Clinical results prove that the fast and easy-to-perform IntimaLase treatment is an effective, non-invasive procedure with no undesired side effects or contraindications.